[openstack-dev] [stable][ceilometer][all] stable/kilo 2015.1.3 delayed

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Thu Jan 28 19:40:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

As many of you have probably seen, most of the projects targeted for
2015.1.3 release have been tagged and have tarballs ready for release.

However, pip 8 was released around the same time as the tarballs were
attempted to be generated.  Most of the projects are OK with this, but
ceilometer declares pbr!=0.7,<1.0,>=0.6 and then forces an update via
tox.

This has caused a delay across all the projects in announcing the
release.  Jeremy Stanley has been super useful in helping to pin-point
this (and another infra issue).. but now we are stuck.

This leaves us with bit of a pickle, and i'm looking for suggestions
how best we can move forward:

A few ideas are:
- stable/kilo is now fixed, so we could do another patch release which
would succeed (but ugly version numbering)
- rebuuild ceilometer from a separate PyPI mirror which lacks pip>=8 in the pool
- Manually push a tarball generated outside of Jenkins.
- Skip ceilometer for this release.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

--