[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.versionedobjects] Is it possible to make changes to oslo repos?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:29:52 UTC 2016

Hayes, Graham wrote:
> Also, olso seem to be very-2  heavy. This means that alternative views
> on the review are very unlikely. My question is what is the difference
> between a-1  and a-2  for oslo?

If this is the case I am sorry about it, and I'd also like to think that
we (as the oslo team) need not do this (or think about it more before we
do it), because it usually isn't really needed (a -1 suffices IMHO for
most things, especially things that are being actively discussed).

But I'm also in the camp that thinks the whole -1 or -2 is sorta dumb
and IMHO just leaving comments and talking to people on IRC to work
through issues/discussion/code is better...

But then that requires people<->people interaction and I guess not
everyone likes to do that(?)

In general I hope it's not all of oslo u are grouping here because, if
its just a few cases, hopefully we can work with the person that is
-2ing stuff to not do it willy nilly...

My 2 cents,

-Josh