[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Overriding and removing VIPs from plugins

Aleksey Kasatkin akasatkin at mirantis.com
Thu Jan 28 17:30:12 UTC 2016

AFAIC, it is better to remove by name then. Otherwise, you do not know what
VIPs you are removing.
Another option - remove "built-in" VIPs using some specific expression.
Anyway, you do not know where other VIPs (VIPs of other plugins) live so
you cannot remove them this way.

And the order of plugins processing is not defined so there is no warranty
you will remove all VIPs on those network roles.
Seems, checking for such conflict between plugins is needed.

The original goal, actually, was to remove VIPs for controllers (or for
some particular node role, maybe),
so we should maybe find a way to do exactly this.

Aleksey Kasatkin