[openstack-dev] [app-catalog] Add TOSCA assets to the catalog

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 21:07:39 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sahdev P Zala" <spzala at us.ibm.com>
>
> Hello,
>
> I am looking at this blueprint
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/app-catalog/+spec/add-tosca-assets and
> confused about the first task, "define metadata for TOSCA assets"? Can
> someone please provide example of metadata for previous work on Heat and
> Murano? I tried to find some old patch for reference but couldn't get one.
>

> The TOSCA will provide YAML template file and package in a CSAR form
> (.csar and .zip) to host on catalog.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Sahdev Zala

I *believe* it's referring to the metadata for the asset type, if you look in the schema here:

    http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/app-catalog/tree/openstack_catalog/web/static/assets.schema.yaml

...you will find definitions for heat, glance, and murano assets indicating required properties etc.

-Steve