[openstack-dev] [puppet] Stepping down from Puppet Core

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 20:35:53 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 03:13 PM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask to be removed from the core reviewers team on the
> Puppet for OpenStack project.
>
> My day to day tasks and focus no longer revolve solely around Puppet and
> I lack dedicated time to contribute to the project.
>
> In the past months, I stopped actively reviewing changes compared to
> what I used to at the beginning when the project was moved to
> StackForge. Community code of conduct suggests I step down
> considerately. [1]
>
> I'm very proud of what the project managed to achieve in the past
> months. It would be a disservice to the community to pretend I'm still
> able or have time to review changes. A lot changed since and I can no
> longer keep up or pretend I can review changes pedantically or
> efficiently as I used to.

> Today is time to formalize and face the past months reality by
> announcing my wish to be removed from the core reviewers team.
>
> I will be available to answer questions or move ownership of anything I
> still have under my name.
>
> Wishing you the best.

Mathieu, I would like to personally thank your for your mentoring in my
early Puppet times ;-)

You took any work conscientiously, you helped to setup lot of
conventions, you were painstaking in your reviews and code.
That's something very previous in a team and I'm very happy you were
on-board all those years.

I wish you all the best in your day2day work, and feel free to kick our
asses in Gerrit if you see something wrong ;-)

Merci,
--
Emilien Macchi