[openstack-dev] Announcing Ekko -- Scalable block-based backup for OpenStack

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Jan 27 12:53:05 UTC 2016

> It makes for a crappy user experience. Crappier than the crappy user
> experience that OpenStack API users already have because we have done a
> crappy job shepherding projects in order to make sure there isn't
> overlap between their APIs (yes, Ceilometer and Monasca, I'm looking
> directly at you).
... yes, Ceilometer can easily handle your events and meters and store
them in either Elasticsearch or Gnocchi for visualisations. you just
need to create a new definition in our mapping files[1][2]. you will
definitely want to coordinate the naming of your messages. ie.
event_type == backup.<ekko_scope> and event_type == backup.<freezer_scope>.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/event_definitions.yaml
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/meter/data/meters.yaml