[openstack-dev] [kuryr] Does Kuryr support multi-tenant

Liping Mao (limao) limao at cisco.com
Wed Jan 27 08:07:41 UTC 2016

Hi Vikas,

> >The question is what you mean by multi-tenancy, if you mean that different tenants each control their own bare-metal

> >server then Kuryr already support this. (by tenant credential configuration)
>
>    I understand kuryr can configure with tenant credential, but we still need neutron-openvswitch-agent on
> the bare-metal server, it need admin account…

> Vikas-- If kuryr is configured with admin credentials same credentials will be passed to neutron client APIs and thus eventually to openvswitch agent.
> Can you please elaborate "need admin account"?

Let me try to make me clear:
AFAIK, docker runs in Bare-metal Server case, we need to install kuryr and neutron-openvswitch-agent in the bare metal server.
We can configure tenant account in this kuryr. And I think all the neutron resource which created in this server will belong this tenant(not admin tenant).
But in neutron-openvswitch-agent, we still need to configure admin account in keystone_authtoken:

[keystone_authtoken]

# auth_host = 127.0.0.1

# auth_port = 35357

# auth_protocol = http

# admin_tenant_name = %SERVICE_TENANT_NAME%

# admin_user = %SERVICE_USER%

# admin_password = %SERVICE_PASSWORD%

And the tenant can login the bare metal server directly, it is not good to configure this kind of things on this server.

Thanks.

Regards,
Liping Mao

> >The question is what you mean by multi-tenancy, if you mean that different tenants each control their own bare-metal
> >server then Kuryr already support this. (by tenant credential configuration)
>
>    I understand kuryr can configure with tenant credential, but we still need neutron-openvswitch-agent on
> the bare-metal server, it need admin account…

Vikas-- If kuryr is configured with admin credentials same credentials will be passed to neutron client APIs and thus eventually to openvswitch agent.
Can you please elaborate "need admin account"?

Thanks
Vikas