[openstack-dev] OpenStack installer

Michal Rostecki mrostecki at mirantis.com
Wed Jan 27 07:38:03 UTC 2016

On 01/26/2016 11:32 AM, Gyorgy Szombathelyi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I just want to announce a new installer for OpenStack:
> https://github.com/DoclerLabs/openstack
> It is GPLv3, uses Ansible (currently 1.9.x,  2.0.0.2 has some bugs which has to be resolved), has lots of components integrated (of course there are missing ones).
> Goal was simplicity and also operating the cloud, not just installing it.
> We started with Rackspace's openstack-ansible, but found it a bit complex with the containers. Also it didn't include all the components we required, so started this project.
> Feel free to give it a try! The documentation is sparse, but it'll improve with time.
> (Hope you don't consider it as an advertisement, we don't want to sell this, just wanted to share our development).
>
> Br,
> György

Hi,

What do you mean by "complex with the containers"? Is the mere fact of
containers usage a complex thing for you or the problem is in some
implementation details around it?

And did you have a chance to check the Kolla project? It uses Ansible
too, but the difference is that Kolla uses Docker containers and
openstack-ansible uses "raw" LXC.

Cheers,
Michal