[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Bugs] Time sync problem when testing.

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 26 21:54:39 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Stanislaw Bogatkin
<sbogatkin at mirantis.com> wrote:
> When there is too high strata, ntpdate can understand this and always write
> this into its log. In our case there are just no log - ntpdate send first
> packet, get an answer - that's all. So, fudging won't save us, as I think.
> Also, it's a really bad approach to fudge a server which doesn't have a real
> clock onboard.

Do you have a debug output of the ntpdate somewhere? I'm not finding
it in the bugs or in some of the snapshots for the failures. I did
find one snapshot with the -v change that didn't have any response
information so maybe it's the other problem where there is some
network connectivity isn't working correctly or the responses are
getting dropped somewhere?

-Alex