[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Bugs] Time sync problem when testing.

Stanislaw Bogatkin sbogatkin at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 26 18:42:19 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

for some time we have a bug [0] with ntpdate. It doesn't reproduced 100% of
time, but breaks our BVT and swarm tests. There is no exact point where
problem root located. To better understand this, some verbosity to ntpdate
output was added but in logs we can see only that packet exchange between
ntpdate and server was started and was never completed.

As this bug is blocker, I propose to merge [1] to better understanding
what's going on. I created custom ISO with this patchset and tried to run
about 10 BVT tests on this ISO. Absolutely with no luck. So, if we will
merge this, we would catch the problem much faster and understand root
cause.

I appreciate your answers, folks.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1533082
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/271219/