[openstack-dev] [kolla] 40 hour time commitment requested from core reviewers before Feb 9th/10th midcycle

Michał Dulko michal.dulko at intel.com
Tue Jan 26 14:40:14 UTC 2016

On 01/23/2016 02:32 AM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In our weekly IRC meeting, all developers and others in attendance
> were in unanimous agreement that upgrades are the #1 priority for
> Kolla to solve [1].  inc0 has developed both a simple database
> migration implementation  around keystone [2] as well as a more
> complex playbook around nova [3].  Keystone has merged – nova looks
> really solid but needs a little more attention.
>
> We have 10 core reviewers on the Kolla core review team.  I would ask
> that each core reviewer choose 1 or 2 services to solve upgrades on
> and spend 40 hours out of the next two weeks prior to our midcycle
> implementing the work items they have committed themselves to.  If you
> are not a core reviewer but feel you want to get involved in this
> work, please assign yourself to a maximum of one service and commit as
> described below.

In case of Cinder we're still in the process of deciding how *exactly*
will everything work in Mitaka and this will be a discussion point at
the current mid-cycle meetup There's a PoC based on latest Nova's
approach [1], which works, but we don't know if this will be the final
solution. If you're following the milestones then you will probably need
to merge pieces utilizing latest Cinder capabilities after M-3. Current
Cinder master will fail in a spectacular way when trying to run Liberty
and Mitaka services together (it isn't with patches [1] in place :)).

Anyone taking the Cinder piece - feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Michal Dulko (IRC: dulek)

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/rpc-object-compatibility+owner:%22Michal+Dulko+%253Cmichal.dulko%2540intel.com%253E%22