[openstack-dev] [kuryr] Does Kuryr support multi-tenant

Liping Mao (limao) limao at cisco.com
Tue Jan 26 07:58:53 UTC 2016

Hi Gal,

Thanks for your answer.

>The question is what you mean by multi-tenancy, if you mean that different tenants each control their own bare-metal
>server then Kuryr already support this. (by tenant credential configuration)

   I understand kuryr can configure with tenant credential, but we still need neutron-openvswitch-agent on
the bare-metal server, it need admin account…

Thanks.

Regards,
Liping Mao

From: Gal Sagie <gal.sagie at gmail.com<mailto:gal.sagie at gmail.com>>
Date: 2016年1月26日 星期二 下午12:47
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kuryr] Does Kuryr support multi-tenant

Hi Liping Mao,

The question is what you mean by multi-tenancy, if you mean that different tenants each control their own bare-metal
server then Kuryr already support this. (by tenant credential configuration)

If what i think you mean, and thats running multi tenants on the same bare-metal then the problem
here is that Docker and Kubernetes doesnt support something like that either (mostly for security reasons) and
the networking is just part of it (Which is what Kuryr focus on).
For this, you usually pick with what Magnum offer and thats running containers inside tenant VMs.

However, there are some interesting technologies and open source projects which enable
something like that and we are evaluating them, its definitely a long term goal for us.