[openstack-dev] [All][Packetary][Fuel] New project: Packetary (Repository management library)

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 25 10:35:28 UTC 2016

Hey Bulat,

It's nice to hear that packetary finally got its own repo. However, I
took a look at roadmap [1] and wonder why do you plan to add
possibility to build RPM/DEB packages? It seems to me like it
shouldn't be packetary's concern, and I'd like to see packetary as
repo management tool, not a package build system. Each Linux
distributive came out with its own set of tools to build packages, and
that would be enough in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, though it'd be
nice to see your input here. :)

Thanks,
Igor

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Packetary/Roadmap