[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Dragonflow] - Status Update and Meetups in China

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 04:29:33 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

We are just back from a week in China where we met with various local
community
members to discuss about Dragonflow roadmap and design.
We will have a nice number of people from different companies joining us on
the development
of Dragonflow and some are planning to deploy it.

We discussed the following areas which we are going to tackle by April:

1. *Neutron-DF DB Consistency* - This is a problem that most plugins /
other controllers have
    today, how to make sure that the Neutron DB is fully synced with the
plugin/solution DB/view of
    things.
    This problem has many parts into it and i think we came up with a
pretty good plan for it, I will
    write about it once the design is in review.

2. *Selective Proactive -  * Dragonflow has local controller at each
compute node, but these
    controllers don't need to know the entire virtual topology, the idea to
sync only relevant
    information based on the local ports and actual topology, we are going
to have this by
    end of April.

3. *Pub/Sub mechanism* - This design is in review process [1] , hope to get
your comments

4. *Scale Testing* -  We received a lab and HW equipment to perform real
scale testing, we will
    publish the results once we have them, we are going to focus on data
plane performance /
    control plane and DB

5. *Distributed DNAT* - We already have spec for this merged [2], this is
going to be implemented
     as part of Mitaka using OVS flows only.

6. *Broadcast/Multicast traffic* - This is a pain full problem as discussed
also in this mailing list, we
    have a nice idea how to solve this in Dragonflow and plan to publish a
spec for this soon.

Feel free to join our IRC channel #openstack-dragonflow or our weekly IRC
meeting [3]
Or send back any questions you might have

Thanks
Gal.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263733/
[2]