[openstack-dev] [TripleO] add support for other types of virtual switches in os_net_config

Xin Wu xin.wu at bigswitch.com
Fri Jan 22 00:05:53 UTC 2016

Hi, all

     This is Xin from Big Switch. I'm proposing to make os_net_config
support more types of virtual switches.
     Current os_net_config supports ovs_bridge, linux_bridge and different
types of interfaces associated with ovs and linux bridge. Current
os_net_config's abstraction is perfect to support other types of virtual
switches as well. The examples off the top of my head are indigo virtual
switch and Cisco n1k.
     If this proposal makes sense, I would love to start to add the support
for indigo virtual switch first.

Xin