[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Stabilization cycles: Elaborating on the idea to move it forward

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jan 21 11:23:00 UTC 2016

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Flavio Percoco wrote:

> - It was mentioned that some folks receive bonuses for landed features

In this thread we've had people recoil in shock at this ^ one...

> - Economic impact on companies/market because no new features were added (?)

...but I have to say it was this ^ one that gave me the most concern.

At the opensource project level I really don't think this should be
something we're actively worrying about. What we should be worrying
about is if OpenStack is any good. Often "good" will include features,
but not all the time.

Let the people doing the selling worry about the market, if they
want. That stuff is, or at least should be, on the other side of a
boundary.

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/