[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Removing ml2_type_vxlan.vxlan_group parameter?

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed Jan 20 19:58:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 02:24:35PM EST, Sourabh Patwardhan wrote:
> This option is used to configure a global multicast group IP for VXLAN
> networks.
> The Cisco Nexus1000V mech driver uses the IP address from this config
> option when creating a VXLAN network in multicast mode.

Right - and I think that really this shows the reference implementation
should probably consult the ML2 configuration for vxlan groups instead
of having it configured in each agent. I mean, it is an ML2 driver now.
I believe the agent configuration for vxlan group is a carry over from
when Linux Bridge was a separate plugin, before it became an ML2
mechanism driver.

So let's make LB more like the ML2 mechanism driver it's supposed to be.
--
Sean M. Collins