[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Team meeting on Tuesday 1400UTC

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Jan 19 16:14:51 UTC 2016

Rossella Sblendido <rsblendido at suse.com> wrote:

> On 01/19/2016 04:36 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:
>> Thinking of this, I had another idea, a bit raw yet.
>>
>> But how does it sound to have two meetings a week, one in a EU/ASIA
>> friendlier
>> timezone, and another for USA/AU (current one), with different chairs.
>>
>> We don't impose unnatural-working hours (too early, too late for family,
>> etc..)
>> to anyone, we encourage gathering as a community (may be split by
>> timezones, but
>> it feels more human and faster than ML conversations..) and also people
>> able
>> to make to both, could serve as bridges for both meetings.
>>

>> Thoughts?
>
> I think that is what Kyle was proposing and if I am not wrong that's what
> they do in nova.

My understanding is that Kyle proposed to switch back to bi-weekly
alternating meetings, and have a separate chair for each.

I think Kyle’s suggestion is wiser since it won’t leave the community split
into two separate parts, and it won’t waste two hours each week where we
could make it with just one.

Ihar