[openstack-dev] [all] Proposal: copyright-holders file in each project, or copyright holding forced to the OpenStack Foundation

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun Jan 17 06:36:23 UTC 2016

On 01/16/2016 10:16 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-01-16 12:14:20 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [...]
>> I've just asked this very point with the same example to the FTP
>> masters. Let's see what they say...
>
> Please point them to the archive for this thread. Specifically it
> would be helpful for them to give _you_ feedback on your attempts to
> switch or remove a large free software project's declared
> contributor copyrights for your own packaging convenience. I
> particularly find it galling that you suggest we should switch from
> contributor-held copyright to a copyright assignment model because
> it would make your life as a package maintainer easier.

It isn't at all how I wrote things.

What I wrote is that I feel like the currently situation makes it very
blurry for one to tell who is the copyright holder(s). I'm seeking a way
to fix this. It looks like its another failed attempt, as some
(including you) are opposed to do any of the things I proposed, and
nobody has a better solution (and I don't see how writing to the legal
list will change anything). I suppose I can only give-up.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)