[openstack-dev] [kolla] Heka v ELK stack logistics

Patrick Petit ppetit at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 15 17:12:07 UTC 2016

On 15 Jan 2016 at 14:43:39, Michał Jastrzębski (inc007 at gmail.com) wrote:
Yeah that's true. We did all of openstack systems but we didn't
implement infra around yet. I'd guess most of services can log either
to stdout or file, and both sources should be accessible by heka.
Also, I'd be surprised if heka wouldn't have syslog driver? That
should be one of first:) Maybe worth writing one? I wanted an excuse
to write some golang;)
Well writing in golang plugin would require to rebuild Heka.

The beauty is that you don’t have to do that.

Just a decoder plugin in Lua like it’s already the case for rsyslog…

Cheers,

Patrick

Regards,
Michal