[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-11, Jan 18-22, Mitaka-2 milestone

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Jan 15 13:55:26 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-01-14 16:20:54 -0500:
> Focus
> -----
>
> Next week is the second milestone for the Mitaka cycle. Major feature
> work should be making good progress or be re-evaluated to see whether
> it will really land this cycle.
>
> Release Actions
> ---------------
>
> Liaisons should submit tag requests to the openstack/releases
> repository for all projects following the cycle-with-milestone
> release model before the end of the day on Jan 21.
>
> We're working on updating the documented responsibilities for release
> liaisons. Please have a look at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/262003/
> and leave comments if you have questions or concerns.
>
> Important Dates
> ---------------
>
> Mitaka 2: Jan 19-21
>
> Deadline for Mitaka 2 tag: Jan 21
>
> Mitaka release schedule:
> http://docs.openstack.org/releases/schedules/mitaka.html

One important reminder I left out: As Thierry described on this
list earlier [1], we will be freezing changes to the release model
tags for projects after the Mitaka 2 tags are in place. If you've
been considering submitting patches to change the release tags for
your project, please do that between now and next week.

Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083726.html