[openstack-dev] [neutron] Testing Neutron with latest OVS

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Thu Jan 14 21:30:03 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 03:13:16PM CST, Clark Boylan wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but if we are gating on OVS 2.0 that is because it
> is what is shipped with the distros that we test on. Are we saying that
> no one uses the distro provided OVS packages to run Neutron? If not what
> are they using?

Right - this was my impression as well.

I know that at least in Ubuntu, they have repos like Cloud-Archive[1]
that are targeted towards OpenStack releases and more recent packages of
libraries. Perhaps we need to investigate if our Ubuntu images at the
gate should be using this repo or something like this to pick up more
recent packaged versions of components like Open vSwitch?

[1]: https://launchpad.net/cloud-archive

--
Sean M. Collins