[openstack-dev] [all] "Upstream Development" track at the Austin OpenStack Summit

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 14 12:26:24 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 05:58 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you may have already noticed in the CFP[1], in Austin for the first
> time we'll have a conference track clearly targeted to upstream
> OpenStack developers (us all on this mailing-list). It will run on the
> Monday, /before/ the design summit tracks start, so it should actually
> be possible to attend them!
>
> Presentations in this track will be specifically tailored to the people
> who write OpenStack source code. We should be able to learn about new
> development processes, get more information on tools that the
> infrastructure team gives us, discover new features in oslo libraries
> (or elsewhere) that your own OpenStack project could take advantage of,
> or share development best practices and other cool tricks.
>
> So if you have a topic you feel is a good fit for that audience, feel
> free to submit[1] a talk for the "Upstream development" track! The
> deadline is February 1st. If you only have an idea of something that
> would make a great talk (but you aren't the best person to give it),
> then you can dump your idea on the brainstorming etherpad[2], it may
> inspire others.
>
> [1] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/call-for-speakers/
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-upstream-dev-track-ideas
>
> Cheers!

It would be really nice for this track to also be a "pull topics" track.

So everyone should think about the 1 thing that they really wish they
knew more about in OpenStack, especially if it's something slightly
outside their normal experience in the community. The real goal here is
to cross educate each other on the project.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net