[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Neutron][Nova][devstack] Keystone v3 with "old" clients

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:47:12 UTC 2016

devstack creates /etc/openstack/clouds.yaml (os-client-config
configuraiton files) which specifies to use keystone v3.
neutronclient supports os-client-config and keystoneauth which handles
the difference of keystone API.
Note that clouds.yaml is very convenient way to use OpenStack CLI [1].

As Michal commented, you can also use OS_PROJECT_DOMAIN_xx and OS_USER_DOMAIN_xx
for keystone v3 API.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-neutronclient/usage/cli.html#using-with-os-client-config

Akihiro