[openstack-dev] Further closing the holes that let gate breakage happen

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 14 00:50:04 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-14 12:32:02 +1300 (+1300), Robert Collins wrote:
[...]
> We tried to add some unit test jobs to cross check constraints, but we
> need some infrastructure work to permit specifying that a unit test
> job for a change to requirements checkout the code for e.g. nova and
> run nova's tests. Jeremy has more info on that :).
[...]

Ahh, yes. It's not so much "infrastructure work" per se, just that
we need someone to write specific jobs to test this sort of
interaction. We don't have any canned jobs that will run, say, nova
unit tests on changes to the requirements repo (our generic unit
test job-templates very specifically assume the change proposed is
to the repo under which tox is invoked and what's needed is
something more like an integration test job).
--
Jeremy Stanley