[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Diagnostic snapshot generation is broken due to lack of disk space

Maciej Kwiek mkwiek at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 12 10:47:16 UTC 2016

Hi!

I need some advice on how to tackle this issue. There is a bug [1]
describing the problem with creating a diagnostic snapshot. The issue is
that /var/log has 100GB available, while /var (where diagnostic snapshot is
being generated - /var/www/nailgun/dump/fuel-snapshot according to [2]) has
10GB available, so dumping the logs can be an issue when logs size exceed
free space in /var.

There are several things we could do, but I am unsure on which course to
take. Should we
a) Allocate more disk space for /var/www (or for whole /var)?
b) Make the snapshot location share the diskspace of /var/log?
c) Something else? What?

Please share your thoughts on this.

Cheers,
Maciej Kwiek