[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Driving workflows with Mistral

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 10:00:54 UTC 2016

On 01/11/2016 11:09 PM, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:
> [...]

Right, because this spec describes nearly nothing from what is present
in tripleoclient now. And what we realistically have now is workflows,
which we'll have to reimplement in API somehow. So maybe we need both:
the get/set TripleO API for deployment plans and Mistral for workflows.

 > Putting a workflow
> engine in front of that feels like overkill and an added complication
> that simply isn't needed.  And added complications can lead to unneeded
> complications: for instance, one open Mistral bug details how it may
> not scale well [2].

Let's not talk about scaling in the context of what we have in
tripleoclient now ;)