[openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan. 11th

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Tue Jan 12 08:58:28 UTC 2016

Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr> wrote on 01/12/2016 08:21:34 AM:

> From: Esra Celik <celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr>
> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>, Markus Zoeller/Germany/IBM at IBMDE
> Date: 01/12/2016 08:21 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova] config options: IRC meeting at Jan.
11th

> Hi Markus
>
> I am sorry that I missed the meeting. Bu it seems like sfinucan
> already asked what was in my mind, like getting the patches merged
faster..
> From the logs I finally understood what "single point of entry for
> sample config generation" is for. So I will wait that to be merged and
> rebase my patches [1],[2],[3], is it ok?

OK, cool, that's what I hoped for :)
It got merged yesterday evening. A rebase of your open patches makes
sense now. Don't forget to adjust the return value of "list_opts" in
your modules.

> Now should I work on some other patches? nova/compute/manager.py
> options seem nice :)
> Or should I focus on later patches that will improve the help texts?

> Best Regards,
> esracelik

I think we have the technical and organizational issues solved now
and we should focus on enhancing the help texts of the config options
you have moved in other patches to give the core reviewers a single
bucket of a finished piece of work to review.
I do also realize now that I didn't make you aware of the possibility
to prevent a re-introduction of options in the modules you already
cleaned [1]. I think that could be useful.