[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron][upgrade] Grenade multinode partial upgrade

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Jan 12 00:02:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:57:05PM PST, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016, at 12:35 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
> > Nice find. I actually pushed a patch recently that we should be
> > advertising the MTU by default. I think this really shows that it should
> > be enabled by default.
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/263486l
> >
> ++ Neutron should be able to determine what the outer MTU is and adjust
> the advertised inner MTU automatically based on the overhead required
> for whatever tunnel protocol is in use all without the deployer or cloud
> user needing to know anything special.

Right - and Neutron does.... when an operator explicitly enables it. I
think it's one of those things where we exercised abundant caution when
merging the feature, where we didn't enable it by default and then it
slipped through the cracks.

So - I think maybe we need to be a little more aggressive in enabling
things by default that really have no reason to not be enabled.

Neutron should Just Work™

--
Sean M. Collins