[openstack-dev] [ironic][tests] approach to functional/integration tests

Serge Kovaleff skovaleff at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 11 14:49:51 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Last week I had a noble goal to write "one-more" functional test in Ironic.
I did find a folder "func" but it was empty.

Friends helped me to find a WIP patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235612/

and here comes the question of this email: what approach we would like to
implement:
Option 1 - write infrastructure code that starts/configure/stops the
services
Option 2 - rely on installed DevStack and run the tests over it

Both options have their Cons and Pros. Both options are implemented across
the OpenStack umbrella.
Option 1 - Glance, Nova, the patch above
Option 2 - HEAT and my favorite at the moment.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Serge Kovaleff
http://www.mirantis.com