[openstack-dev] [doc] [api] Vision and changes for OpenStack API Guides

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:39:22 UTC 2016

On 01/08/2016 04:39 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With milestone 2 coming next week I want to have a chat about API
> guides, API reference information, and the
> http://developer.openstack.org site. We have a new tool, fairy-slipper
> [1], yep you read that right, that can migrate files from WADL to
> Swagger as well as serve up reference info. We also have new build jobs
> that can build API guides right from your projects repo to
> developer.openstack.org <http://developer.openstack.org>.
>
> There's a lot going on, so I've got an agenda item for next week to hold
> a cross-project meeting so that you can send a team representative to
> get the scoop on API guides and bring it back to your teams. I've
> fielded great questions from a few teams, and want to ensure everyone's
> in the loop.
>
> A pair of specs set the stage for this work, feel free to review these
> in advance of the meeting and come with questions. [2] [3]

Awesome specs and I love everything in both of those.

The one question I have is specifically around API microversions. Has
the doc team had any ideas on how to handle the publication of
microversion improvements to the API docs? I'm thinking something like
"New in 2.18!"-like stuff would be really useful for API users.

Best,
-jay