[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC works more like full copy in block migration ?

Luo Gangyi lgy181 at foxmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:07:33 UTC 2016

Hi devs,

Do you test the difference between within and without VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC ?

When I add VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC in block_migration_flags in nova, nova block migration behaves more like a full copy of disk.
The disk in destination nodes is large(10GB+) and the process of live migration is slow.

However, when I remove  VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC in block_migration_flags in nova, nova block migration behaves more like a incremental copy of disk.
The disk in destination nodes is small(10MB-) and the process of live migration is very fast.

So I was confused about what VIR_MIGRATE_NON_SHARED_INC really means.

Can someone give me some hints?

Luo Gangyiluogangyi at cmss.chinamobile.com