[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [celery][taskflow] Reg. celery and task-flow

ESWAR RAO eswar7028 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 00:45:15 UTC 2016

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the response.

As you mentioned, I went through below which has taskflow as celery front
end:

 https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TaskFlowWorkerBasedEngine

 https://blueprints.launchpad.net/taskflow/+spec/distributed-celery

I guess if we have a job = task1 + task2 ; if we execute them through a
taskflow parallel pattern, they will be executed in parallel.

Just curious to know that since this threading is built on eventlets/green
threads/python threads they will be affected by GIL and we may not utilize
multi-core capability of our systems.

It seems in celery, we can have these tasks run as multiple processes so
that they are not affected by GIL.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong ??

Thanks
Eswar