[openstack-dev] [glance] Seeking FFE for "Support single disk image OVA/OVF package upload"

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Fri Jan 8 17:03:09 UTC 2016

>Hello Glance Team!
>                Hope you had a wonderful vacation and wishing you health and happiness for 2016.
>
>Would very much appreciate your considering https://review.openstack.org/194868 for a feature freeze exception.
>
>I believe the spec is pretty solid, and we can deliver on the implementation by M-2. But were unable to get enough core

>Votes during the holiday season.

>                Regards

>                Malini

>-------------- next part --------------
>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I downloaded the patch which implements the spec (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/214810):

I can make this REST API call to perform OVA import:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/483332/

(it exercises the new OVA extract code path).

There's a parallel effort in the project to provide 'official' (Defcore)
APIs for image upload/conversion. What will be the advantage of having
two different REST API calls (a 'tasks' based one and a DefCore one)
for importing OVAs?

It seems to be possible to successfully make the above API call whether
you're admin or not and whether the server has the patch applied or
not. Is that expected?

-Stuart