[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] Docker Swarm and Kuryr Integration Demo

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 8 04:38:40 UTC 2016

I have a demo video of Docker Swarm and Kuryr Integration posted here:
http://mbanikazemi.com/2016/01/07/docker-swarm-and-kuryr/

Best,

Mohammad

From:	Gal Sagie <gal.sagie at gmail.com>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>, Eran Gampel
            <Eran.Gampel at huawei.com>, Antoni Segura Puimedon
            <toni at midokura.com>, Vikas Choudhary
            <choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com>, Irena Berezovsky
            <irena at midokura.com>, Taku Fukushima <tfukushima at midokura.com>,
            Mohammad Banikazemi/Watson/IBM at IBMUS, Kyle Mestery
            <mestery at mestery.com>, Jaume Devesa <devvesa at gmail.com>
Date:	12/29/2015 01:37 AM
Subject:	[Kuryr] Progress Update and Kubernetes Integration

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give you all some progress update at what we have been doing
in Kuryr,
We conducted an IRC meeting today, you can see the logs here [1]

1) We got Docker pluggable IPAM support in Kuryr thanks to Vikas Choudhary,
there
   are still some small points to address but most of the code is already
merged.
   I plan to write a blog post about it describing the mechanism

2) Mohammad Banikazemi verified Kuryr works with Docker Swarm seamlessly
   and we are compatible with latest Docker libnetwork

3) We have fullstack job running in the gate, basically these tests are
running with a
    working Openstack environment with Kuryr deployed and using Neutron
client and
    Docker python client to simulate different scenarios and test Kuryr
functionality
    in addition to our unit tests.

4) We have Rally job running, we plan to contribute Docker plugin to Rally
and have
    some of the above tests run benchmarking operation, i think this is a
very important
    goal as it will also help us benchmark different Neutron backends and
solutions
    in terms of containers networking and let users/operators have better
comparison
    between their different options.

5) We are working on packaging for Kuryr (Thanks to Jaume Devesa for that)

6) We are working on investigating using Linux CAPABILITIES rather then
using
    rootwrap or running as root for Kuryr (Thanks to Antoni Segura
Puimedon)

We also decided to give Kubernetes integration higher priority and are now
brain storming
design options to integrate Kubernetes and Kuryr which means integrating
Kubernetes with Neutron (OpenStack networking abstraction).
If you have any idea in that area or done something similar (or in the
middle of doing it)
Please share it in this Etherpad [2].
Our goal is to expose the different ways to do this to the user and find
the best common
method.

We are also starting to approach the Kuryr-Magnum integration and nested
containers and
hope to achieve some progress on this by the end of the release.

Thanks everyone that contribute and help, its greatly appreciated by all of
us!
If you would like to join , feel free to step in our IRC channel at
freenode #openstack-kuryr
Join the IRC meeting [3] or just email me with any question/idea.

Thanks
Gal.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/kuryr/2015/kuryr.2015-12-29-03.01.html