[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Jan 7 20:46:24 UTC 2016

On 01/07/2016 10:08 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> This is the bit of detail I was missing... so one of the jobs you
> want runs Tempest against an OpenStack installation consisting of
> modified distibution packages.

This is what I've been doing for about a year in my own Jenkins server,
with quite reasonably good result (there's only an issue with the Glance
image rights which I couldn't figure out, leading to 27 failures against
1100 passed tests: see [1]). So yes indeed! :)

> Noble, if somewhat ambitious.

Well, it's all figured-out already...

> Jobs to
> just test that your package configuration builds on a clean system
> and passes checks with lintian, piuparts, et cetera would be a much
> simpler place to start.

Sure, but I'm well passed that stage. I'd run that, but not only, as
experienced showed me that it's easy to break the whole setup with
packages that otherwise can perfectly build and get installed. For
example, I noticed very late in the Liberty cycle that Glance and Cinder
had broken configuration generation (due to upstream issues). With such
tempest tests, it'd be figured out as soon as it breaks, and that's the
goal here.

> Cool, let's continue the discussion in that and subsequent code
> reviews. It'll hopefully be a much more productive exchange that
> way.

Thanks for your review. Hopefully, I'll learn about upstream infra by
doing it. I'm just afraid to eat even more of your time by attempting to
do write the patches myself... :/

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]