[openstack-dev] [puppet] Adding "IPv6" bracket handling utilities in openstacklib.

Sofer Athlan-Guyot sathlang at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 18:07:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

There are a few places where I would like to be able to check for IPv6
address and add bracket to the parameters.  I think that would be a nice
addition to the puppet-openstacklib/lib/puppet/parser.

Here the interface I have in mind with the puppet-nova module:

class nova::vncproxy::common (
  $vncproxy_host     = undef,
  $vncproxy_protocol = undef,
  $vncproxy_port     = undef,
  $vncproxy_path     = undef,
) {

  include ::nova::deps

  $vncproxy_host_real     = pick(
    ipv6_add_bracket_maybe($vncproxy_host,
                           $::nova::compute::vncproxy_host,
                           $::nova::vncproxy::host,
                           false)

This would returns an array with the host decorated with "[]" if the
value is an IPv6 address.  Ideally the function could take only one
value and return it or take an array and return an array for seamless
integration in the code.

WDYT?

--
Sofer Athlan-Guyot