[openstack-dev] [doc] DocImpact vs. reno

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 6 15:09:26 UTC 2016

On 01/06/2016 09:02 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-01-06 07:52:48 -0500 (-0500), Sean Dague wrote:
> [...]
>> I think auto openning against a project, and shuffling it to
>> manuals manually (with details added by humans) would be fine.
>>
>> It's not clear to me why a new job was required for that.
>
> The new check job was simply a requirement of the Docs team, since
> they were having trouble triaging auto-generated bugs they were
> receiving and wanted to enforce the inclusion of some expository
> metadata.

Sure, but if that triage is put back on the Nova team, that seems fine.

It also doesn't make sense to me there would be a DocImpact change that
wouldn't also have a reno section. The reason someone thinks that a
change needs reflection in the manual is that it adds/removes/changes a
feature that would also show up in release notes. Perhaps my imagination
isn't sufficient to come up with a scenario where DocImpact is valid,
but we wouldn't have content in one of those sections.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net