[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Deprecating ConfKeyManager (fixed-key key manager)

Douglas Mendizábal douglas.mendizabal at rackspace.com
Tue Jan 5 23:18:15 UTC 2016

Why would we not want to include a fixed-key backend in Castellan?  As
long as we make it clear that the fixed-key implementation is insecure
and should not be used in production systems I see no harm in
including it as part of the Castellan package.

In fact, I think it would ease the ramp up time for potential
Castellan adopters.  If we included a fixed-key impl, then someone
could just pip install castellan and start kicking tires in the repl.
 Otherwise someone who is merely evaluating Castellan would have to go
down the path of standing up a Barbican instance.

- - Douglas Mendizábal