[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [log] LOG.exception should contain an exception message or not?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:40:34 UTC 2016

Perhaps the recommendation should be to not use line-oriented tools (and
formatters) for logs? At least at yahoo we use the json formatter
provided by oslo.log and then use the functionality of splunk to handle
json records (which afaik is built-in). Likely other tools can also
handle json records pretty easily/hopefully built-in to.

Then u get nice structured data and other goodies.

-Josh