[openstack-dev] [tempest][radosgw][devstack-ceph-plugin] tempest failure with radosgw as swift endpoint

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:32:50 UTC 2016

Hi stackers,
   Facing some issue running tempest with ceph radosgw as the swift
endpoint.

   I enabled radosgw as part of a test-only patch which configures it as the
   swift endpoint, the CI fails since tempest's verify-tempest-config fails

   Console logs are at [1], tempest logs @ [2]
   The actual failure is due to the list_extensions call being done @ [4]

   Long story short,
      verify-tempest-configs checks for API extensions of different
services,
      incl. swift, which calls the swift endpoints /info API which fails
with
      Unexpected Content Type error. IIUC radosgw still doesn't support
/info
      API, which calls for skipping the list_extensions check for swift when
      radosgw is being used.

      I wanted to check with the experts here on whether its a good idea to
      skip calling list_extensions() (see [4]) by setting
       CONF.object_storage_feature_enabled.discoverability to False, as
part of
       radosgw setup in the devstack-ceph-plugin code ? Something similar to
       whats being done in [3] already

       Thoughts ?

       thanx,
       deepak