[openstack-dev] [all] Austin Summit Panel on Generation of Sample Configuration Option Files

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:35:28 UTC 2016

So just out of curiosity:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/219700/14/cinder/config/generate_cinder_opts.py

Why does this not use
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/setup.cfg#L44 to find
the exposed cinder configuration options (and drivers that cinder
has/provides should expose a similar entrypoint and so-on)?

Also just brainstorming, but said 'generate_cinder_opts.py' should
likely also have the output of `pip freeze` (sorted and canonicalized
would be best to) because the generated opts that are found in other
libraries (those libraries should/typically expose an entrypoint to list
there own opts) depend on *exactly* what version of the package(s) is
installed (yes I know this makes the application <-> library API for
those libraries extremely weak/non-existent but this is how things have
gone).

-Josh