[openstack-dev] [heat][telemetry] gate-ceilometer-dsvm-integration broken

Rabi Mishra ramishra at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 11:15:03 UTC 2016

> Hi,
>
> >> Which had a Depends-On to the devstack change, anyone know why that
> >> didn't
> >> fail with the CeilometerAlarmTest.test_alarm before the devstack
> >> change
> >> merged?
> >
> > It seems the test was skipped[1], as it was disabled for another
> > bug[2].
> >
> > [1]
> > http://logs.openstack.org/15/256315/2/check/gate-heat-dsvm-functional-orig-mysql/bffccd5/console.html.gz#_2015-12-14_23_33_13_394
> > [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1523337
>
> This is unrelated, this is an old issue, this bug have already been
> fixed in Aodh[1], and Heat have re-enabled the ceilometer tests [2] just
> after the fix was merged.

Sure, the issues are unrelated. However, the patch with ceilometer test re-enabled landed on 16th Dec[1] and CI run for Steve's patch with 'Depends-On' was on 15th Dec[2], while the test was still disabled:)

Hope this clarifies why we missed the regression.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254081/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256315/