[openstack-dev] Should Cinder have a volume_action table to track changes on a Volume?

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 03:52:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:54 AM, SCHVENINGER, DOUGLAS P <ds6901 at att.com>
wrote:

> I was looking into a support issue and noticed that Nova has an instance
> and instance_action table. I was wondering if this is something that cinder
> would consider adding a volume_action table to track changes to a volume?

​Yes, it's been discussed; although the discussions were more around using
it as a state-machine of sorts.  Since those discussions other ideas have
been implemented (or are being implemented) that won't address what you're
asking for (DLM's etc), but I do think having tracking info like you
describe is useful.​