[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Feature Freeze Exception Request - switching to CentOS-7.2

Dmitry Teselkin dteselkin at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 29 17:13:22 UTC 2016

I'd like to ask for a feature freeze exception for switching to CentOS-7.2
feature [0].

CentOS-7.2 ISO's have been tested periodically since the beginning of the
year, and all major issues were addressed / fixed at the moment. During the
last weekend I've made 70 BVT runs to verify that the  solution [2] for the
last issue - e1000 transmit unit hangs works. And it works, 0 tests of 35
failed [3].

Benefits of switching to CentOS-7.2 are quite obvious - we will return to
latest supported CentOS release, will fix a lot of bugs / security issues
[4] and will make further updates easier.

Risk of regression still exists, but it's quite low, 35 successful BVTs
can't be wrong.

To finish that feature the following should be done:
* review and merge e1000 workaround [2]
* review and merge spec [0]
* review and merge request that switches build CI to CentOS-7.2 [5]

I expect the last day it could be done is March, 4.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/280338/
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1526544
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285306/
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/r.1c4cfee8185326d6922d6c9321404350