[openstack-dev] [all] A proposal to separate the design summit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Feb 28 19:21:18 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-26 19:16:55 +0000 (+0000), Hongbin Lu wrote:
[...]
> I want to point out the fact that some projects were holding
> online midcycle because their developers were not able to get
> approval for a pure contributor event.

This may be true for some teams, but please don't assume that cost
is the only reason why a team might hold a virtual mid-cycle event
instead of an in-person one. I personally much prefer the virtual
approach, as I am considerably more productive when I don't have to
travel (granted, it does require some additional care to filter out
other day-to-day distractions and effectively sequester myself to
focus solely on the event; in-person gatherings provide a slightly
more constant reminder of what I'm supposed to be doing).
--
Jeremy Stanley