[openstack-dev] [devstack]what is different of stack-volumes-default and stack-volumes-lvmdriver-1

Shake Chen shake.chen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:08:24 UTC 2016

Hi

I try to install devstack and enable cinder service.

before , would create a volume for cinder.

but now I found the devstack would create two VG:stack-volumes-lvmdriver-1
and stack-volumes-default.

I check the  cat /etc/cinder/cinder.conf

and found the setting

[lvmdriver-1]
lvm_type = default
iscsi_helper = tgtadm
volume_group = stack-volumes-lvmdriver-1
volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.lvm.LVMVolumeDriver
volume_backend_name = lvmdriver-1

but I can not found any setting for stack-volumes-default.

who can told me what the use for VG of stack-volumes-default ?

--
Shake Chen