[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Fuel-Library] Fuel CI issues

Ivan Berezovskiy iberezovskiy at mirantis.com
Fri Feb 26 10:28:54 UTC 2016

Hello, Fuelers!

Yesterday we've faced an issue which came from puppet-neutron
module: LP #1549934 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1549934>. Fix was
prepared very fast:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/284882/ (thanks Sergey for this).
So, If CI is red on your patch please re-base it on top of master.

Anyway, this issue affected a lot of patches and blocked some developers,
because BVT and neutron_smoke tests was also broken. We need to find
a way how to minimize risks and affection of such changes on fuel-library.
We have jobs which monitors upstream patches:
https://ci.fuel-infra.org/view/puppet-openstack/
Let's start to monitor those jobs on daily basis. We should have at least 1
(ideally 2 or more) engineers which are responsible for analysis of those
CI failures. If patch to puppet module is incorrect - we should review it
with explanation what is actually wrong. If patch is correct, but breaks
current Fuel CI, it means that problem is in our side and we should prepare
fuel-library adapt patch to fix the issue. Ideally, we should have an
ability
to test this fuel-library patch together with upstream one e.g. using
'Depends on'
in commit message.

Thoughts?

--