[openstack-dev] [nova] solving API case sensitivity issues

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Feb 24 16:36:30 UTC 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, James Bottomley wrote:

> This is actually one of the curses wished on us by REST.  Since the
> intent is to use web requests for the API, the API name must follow the
> case sensitivity rules for URL matching (case insensitive).  However,
> the rest of the parameters can be case sensitive.  That means that if
> your column name maps to an API, it must be case insensitive, but if it
> maps to a data input it may be case sensitive.

I'm not sure what you are going on about here. URLs are case
sensitive[1]. If Nova is using case insensitive rules for route matching
that's a Nova thing and has nothing to do with either REST or HTTP.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7230#section-2.7.3

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/