[openstack-dev] [oslo] documentation on using the oslo.db opportunistic test feature

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 16:19:51 UTC 2016

On 02/22/2016 08:08 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sean,
>
> You need to set the env variable like so. See testenv:mysql-python for example
> OS_TEST_DBAPI_ADMIN_CONNECTION=mysql://openstack_citest:openstack_citest@localhost

you should not need to set this if you're using the default URL.  The
default is right here:

https://github.com/openstack/oslo.db/blob/master/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/provision.py#L457

if that default is not working when OS_TEST_DBAPI_ADMIN_CONNECTION is
not set, then that's a bug in oslo.db that should be reported.

It is using pymysql now though, so if you are trying to run against
python-mysql then you'd need to set this.